America's Best Bootfitters
Skimo.co - Unique online store serving the ski mountaineering community
Know a shop that offers exceptional boot fit expertise and ski maintenance? Please send it along - If it meets our criteria, we'll add it to the list.
Colorado and New Mexico
- Harb Skier Alignment Center - I-70 @ US 40 junction. With every footbed comes a complete bio mechanical assessment of your lower body by the world's acknowledged leading alignment experts.
- Kenny's Double Black Diamond Ski Shop - Vail CO. Contender for top shop in Vail.
- Gravity Jones Ski Werks - Technical guru Adam Greenier, C.Ped. performs miracles on the ground floor of the Vail Transportation Center.
- Green Mountain Orthotic Lab - Superior boot fitting expertise in Vail CO. Owner Greg Hoffman is among the most respected boot specialists in the U.S. Race boots available. Plates and sole grinding services.
- ☆ Boot Doctors - Telluride CO and Taos NM - Nationally respected boot specialist Bob Gleason. One of the best, member of Masterfit University faculty.
- ☆ The Lifthouse - Long established locals favorite located at the mouths of Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons.
- ☆ Superior Ski - Top craftsman-quality shop located on level 3 at Snowbird Plaza, inside Christy Sports. High performance boot fitting specializing in orthotics, Zip Fit inner boots and precise boot balancing. Owner Steve Bagley is one of our lead ski testers.
- ☆ The Sport Loft- Salt Lake City UT - Jeremy and Earl provide world class boot fitting and ski tuning. Alignment and sole grinding services. High performance equipment.
- ☆ Jan's Mountain Experts - Premier full service Park City shop, specializing in boot fit and World Cup-quality tuning. All major brands.
- John Feig - Salt Lake City UT (does not maintain web site). World-class corrective boot specialist. 801.944.1209
- Park City Boot Room - Matt Schiller works on some of the nations top professional skiers and athletes.
- Park City Boot - Brett Amesbury is the man to see in PC for serious pedorthic issues.
- Podium Ski Service - Former World Cup technicians tune skis and provide race gear. No skis, no boots, truly World Class service.
- Nyman's - Provo. Shop run by the Nyman family (as in USST member/Downhill winner Steve).
- ☆ Footloose Sports - Mammoth Lakes, California. In our opinion, one of the best ski shops in the US.
- ☆ California Ski Company - Berkeley, California - Highly recommended for technical expertise by realskiers subscribers.
- ☆ Start Haus - Truckee CA. Dedicated to high level technical skiing; co-owner Jim Schaffner is one of the best boot technicians from the World Cup.
- The Village Ski Loft - Incline Village, Lake Tahoe Top specialty shop run with passion by Mike Croake, respected boot fitter with deep industry experience.
- Snowind Sports - Reno NV. Former Salomon boot specialist Bud Heischman is one of the best boot technicians around.
- ☆ Bobo's Ski and Board - Quality specialty shop in Reno. Ask for our own Jackson Hogen, one of the top equipment experts in North America. May require an appoointment . . .
- Helm of Sun Valley - San Mateo. Great emphasis on great custom ski boot fitting on the Peninsula.
- Goldsmith's Boardhouse - full service Bear Lake shop
- ☆ Powder House - South Lake Tahoe CA
- World Cup Service Center - Bellevue WA - the Pacific Northwest's premier high performance ski racing shop, featuring the Northwest's only in-store "hotbox" and custom boot fitting; the official Holmenkol Race & Swix Performance Center for the Northwest region.
- Centerline Sports - Bellevue WA - full service ski shop matching specific products to the customer's needs and skill levels. Old school craftsmen tune by hand and professionally fit boots to feet with custom orthotics and boot liners for outstanding comfort and performance.
East, Midwest and South
- Inner Boot Works - Mountain Road, Stowe. Boot fit legend Benny Wax can do it all. Pinnacle Ski & Sports demo center, offering a complete range of demos from Atomic, Blizzard, Dynastar, Fischer, Head K2, Line, Rossignol, Salomon and Volkl, is right next door, in the same building.
- Green Mountain Orthotic Lab - Superior boot fitting expertise at the base of Stratton Mountain. Race boots available. Plates and sole grinding services.
- Alpine Options - Sugarbush/Waitsfield. Top technical prowess in boot fitting, customer-centric service.
- Race Stock Sports - Waterbury. Extreme technical expertise; the name says it all.
- The Starting Gate - Bondville. Great technical shop, top lines.
- Basin Ski Shop - Killington. Full service shop featuring custom boot fitting and alignment, top lines, race equipment available.
- S & W Sports - Concord. Complete active sports specialty shop on the edge of NH ski country.
- Performance Zone - Master Fit University staff instructor and certified pedorthist Brian Graham provides boot fitting expertise in Auburn Hills MI.
- ☆ Sun and Snow - America's Best Bootfitter certified member in Ann Arbor MI.
- Bill and Paul's Sporthaus - Grand Rapids. Top products, great service, technical expertise.
- ☆ Aspen Ski and Board - Lewis Center and Columbus (Upper Arlington). Top-ntch full service ski shop.
- ☆Willi's - Pittsburg PA. One of the oldest and most respected specialty ski shops in the country
- ☆ Viking Ski Shop- Chicago. One of the midwest's oldest and most respected full service ski shops.
- Williams Ski Haus - Highland Park. Chicagoland full service shop.
- ☆ Pierce Skate and Ski - Bloomington MN. Since 1996, 20 of 20 men's State SL Champs and 16 of 20 women'sState SL champs have been Pierce customers and over 1/3rd of all Central Division Junior Olympians are Pierce customers.
Including Lindsey Kildow (a.k.a. Lindsey Vonn...)
- Joe's Sporting Goods - St. Paul - Don't let the name fool you; they are among the best in the upper midwest.
- SouthernSki - Columbia. Shop run by Master Fit University instructor Mike Tambling.
Florida, Georga, Virginia
National and International
- America's Best Boot fitters - The web's most comprehensive site on ski boots. Click to get info on North America's best boot fitters and the most detailed boot reviews of any web site or publication. Great info on selecting and fitting ski boots from the staff at the MasterFit University Training Center for boot techs. Testing and site operation by the most respected and experienced boot equipment writers Steve Cohen and Jeff Rich, currently Ski Boot Test Program directors at Ski Magazine.
- Sepps - Full service specialty ski shop located in Kingston, Ontario
- Gords - Winnipeg, Manitoba. Long-time top-tier retailer in Canada. Full service, top lines. Great Canadian resort links.
- Check here for listing of ABB shops downunder.